Small Business Tax Tools and Resources Online
Now is a good time to check out the IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center, a convenient way for small employers to find answers to tax questions, educational materials and other tools to help run their businesses.
Among the information and resources available on the website are:
- Small business forms and publications;
- Online applications for an employer identification number (EIN);
- Employment tax information–including federal income tax, Social Security and Medicare taxes, FUTA and self-employment tax;
- Tax-related news that could affect small businesses;
- Small business educational events;
- IRS videos for small businesses; and
- The A-Z Index for Business.
Other resources available on the IRS website include a virtual small business tax workshop for learning about federal tax obligations, and a 12-month tax calendar for small business taxpayers with information on general business taxes, electronic filing and paying options, retirement plans, business publications and forms, and common tax filing dates.
To take advantage of these free tools from the IRS, access the Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center. Our section on Employer Tax Laws provides additional information on an employer’s tax responsibilities.